Friday, July 1, 2011

On the job hunt

Well, it has been another week on the job hunt. I'm holding up well, but it is a daunting task.

The good news is that there have been a number of library openings posted in the DC area - some government, some contract and some private sector.

I applied for a Reference Librarian position at the Smithsonian American History Museum - it was posted as an entry-level position with promotion potential. I talked to the hiring manager -- they got 1100 applicants!!! So I won't be hearing from them for a while.

There's another position that I'm keeping up hope for, and lighting a candle or two as well.



It is Friday afternoon before the the July 4th weekend - so nothing more will happen for this week and I don't expect to hear anything until Tuesday or Wednesay.

Happy Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment