Friday, May 27, 2011

Librarian for hire

I'm doing all the other things one should do when looking for work - research, networking, applying - but I thought I'd put my resume out there. One never knows - I have 25 years experience working in all areas of the library and at most levels.

Hire me! I'm a great librarian!

I am a librarian with over 25 years of experience working in federal libraries. I started out as a library technician and worked my way up, eventually earning an MLS from the University of Maryland in 2000.

You can see by my resume that I have worked at three US banking regulatory agencies - the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), and the Federal Reserve Board (FED).

At the FDIC I held a variety of positions including cataloger, webmaster, reference librarian and electronic resources librarian. In addition to being the cataloger I was responsible for managing the Library’s database system – STAR from Cuadra Associates.

From 2004-2010 I was a Senior Reference Librarian at the OCC and provided reference and research support to our legal department, economists, bank examiners and other staff. For part of my time I served as the library webmaster.

At the FED my principal duties have been to review contracts for database resources. As part of my duties I have worked on several databases including the Library’s Millennium OPAC from Innovative Interfaces, Inc.

I provide excellent reference and research support in banking, legal, news, politics, the arts and more.

Senior Librarian February 2010 - May 2011
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve
Washington, DC

Review contracts for Library resources and other databases. Work with vendor representatives, end-users, library staff, attorneys and agency procurement staff to shepherd contracts through the process and help negotiate terms and pricing.

Senior Reference Librarian September 2004 – January 2010
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
Washington, DC

Perform news, business and legal research. On average about 125 reference questions per month - questions range from the simple requests for articles or single documents to those needing considerable research such as a literature search or legislative history.

Search corporate, news and legal resources such as Factiva, Lexis/Nexis and Westlaw; ProQuest, JSTOR, S&P RatingsDirect, Fitch and Moody’s databases.

Electronic Resources Librarian October 2002 – September 2004
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Washington, DC

Coordinated access issues related to 60+ databases. Met with vendors and clients to determine access needs. Shepherd software for databases testing with agency IT. Maintained the library's database system. Provide training on database and web resources as needed.

Reference Librarian June 2001 - October 2002
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Washington, DC

Perform news, business and legal research. Search news and legal resources such as Factiva, Lexis/Nexis and Westlaw; academic resources such OCLC FirstSearch, ProQuest, Ebsco and EconLit and business resources such as S&P RatingsDirect, and Mergent Online.
Serve as Library Webmaster, creating new web documents for library resources and services and access to online databases.

Additional Experiences:

Paley Center for Media, New York City, New York
Volunteer internship for two weeks – indexing news articles.

DC’s Different Drummers (Non-profit music performance group), Washington, DC
President 2007 – 2009, Vice President 2008-2009. Currently serve as Membership Director.

FDIC Library, Washington, DC
Cataloger - May 1988 – February 1998

Education
University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland
Master's Degree in Library Science - 5/2000

Christendom College, Front Royal, Virginia
Bachelor's Degree in Philosophy - 5/1983

West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia
Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Arts- 5/1980

No comments:

Post a Comment